For those who are over with sewing dresses, costumes, and other small decoration items at home or the workplace and want to try some large-size projects, quilting might be the first thing that comes to mind.
To bring exciting designs on fabric and develop quilting skills, one needs a perfect tool to follow the passion without any hassle.
The endeavor is neither easy nor cheap as the fabric and material cost a lot, and it takes much time to finish one.
Having said that, quilting is not hard to learn, and you can design different sizes at your convenience.
- Comparison Table For Best Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machine
- Best Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machines
- Juki Kirei HZL NX7: Best Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machine
- King Quilter II: Best Professional Quilting Machine
- Q’nique 21: Best Industrial Quilting Machine
- Janome 4120QDC: Best Janome Long Arm Quilt Machine
- Juki TL2200QVP: Portable Long Arm Quilting Machine
- Juki TL-2000Qi: Best Long Arm Juki Sewing Machine
- Grace Q’nique: Affordable Long Arm Quilting Machine
- Brother PQ1500SL: Cheapest Long Arm Quilting Machine
Having a long arm quilting machine is a dream of every passionate quilter. Although it is a significantly large investment, keep in mind a long arm quilting machine is not for regular sewers. Pros know it is easy and quick to design a quilt in a long arm machine, even if it is king-size.
Regular long arm quilt machines require patience and a lot of time; that’s why top sewing machine brands have introduced a long range of computerized machines. These models are ideal choices for professionals and those who only attempt art as a hobby.
The advanced best computerized long arm quilting machine has highly elaborate stitching designs, touch panels, large throat space, precision mood, knee lifting control, and many other features.
Despite being bulky, these machines require more space, but they are powerful enough to stitch with speed and save time. These quilting machines are more expensive than traditional quilters, that’s why we have brought some best models of industrial grade for you.
Comparison Table For Best Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machine
Juki Kirei HZL-NX7
|- 6 LED Lights |
- Large Sewing Space
- 1050 Stitches Per Minute
King Quilter II
|- Dual Handlebars|
-2200 Stitches Per Minute
- 5mm Sew Foot Lift
|- Colored Screen|
- 1800 Stitches Per Minute
Janome 4120QDC||- 120 Built-in-Stitches|
- Twin Needle Guard
- LCD Screen
|- 2200 Stitches Per Minute|
- Large Work Table
- Adjustable Stitching Speed
|- 1500 Stitches Per Minute|
- Easy Bobbin Replacement
- Lightweight & Portable
|- 2.5 inches Touch Screen|
- LED Lights
|- Portable |
- 1500 Stitches Per Minute
- Auto Needle Positioner
Best Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machines – Overview
So, let’s have a look at the top 8 best computerized long arm quilting machines to make a well-thought investment and get surprising results.
1. Juki Kirei HZL-NX7: Best Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machine
Our top pick comes from the world’s largest industrial & domestic sewing machine manufacturers.
The Japan-oriented company ranks no 1 for its industrial sewing machine production, and the Kirei HZL-NX7 model is an example of a high-tech assembly product with quality stitching results.
What we Love About It:
Let’s have a look at the features of this computerized long arm quilting machine that we loved.
- The feature enrich machine has put a lot of controlling and adjustment options in its digital touch panel. The graphical and numerical presentation of sewing conditions and settings are easy to read and operate with a fingertip.
- Our top choice machine comes with 351 different stitch patterns and 4 different available fonts to enhance your sewing skills. You can prepare yourself for any project by simply selecting the number of stitches through the touch panel.
- The smart counter calculates the amount of bobbin thread used regarding stitch length and speed. At 20%, the user will be warned to prevent thread breakage.
- Well, it is easy to raise and lower the feed dogs from the touch display, and the unit is designed to lower the feed dogs once the presser foot is raised. Those who are cautious about uneven feeding and bunched stitching can use Juki’s dual upper feed dog for satisfaction.
- The model has various automatic functions to save time and support the users, such as automatic needle thread, lock stitch, simultaneous needle thread, and bobbin thread cutting and raising the presser foot when the needle is stopped.
- Use the dials at the panel to set the stitch width, length, and needle position before you start sewing and, if necessary, make subtle adjustments during work.
- Evenly sews thick fabrics effortlessly.
- Buttonhole foot option
- Large sewing space
- 1050 stitch/minute
- 6 LED lights
- Needle threader can have difficulty
Juki’s top computerized operating machine is a complete package of advanced features and pro-level results. The high-end longarm quilting machine is reliable and proves to be the first choice of every passionate quilter.
2. King Quilter II: Best Professional Quilting Machine
Our 2nd pick is a classic model of long arm quilting machine by King Quilter. The computer numerical controlled unit can stitch 2200 SPM with precise stitching results at an affordable price.
The reliable and professionally long arm quilting machine is made in the USA and offers electronic functions for the users.
What we Love About It:
Let’s take a look at what this professional quilting machine offers to its users.
- The state-of-the-art quilter brings comfort and convenience to another level with user-friendly features. The handlebars are equipped with helpful control buttons for easy access, and use your thumb to operate needle up/down functions.
- The impressive 2200 stitching speed can work superbly with the basting stitch, precision, and cruise mode. In addition to that, it can go from 4 to 22 stitches per inch as well.
- The 7’’ high-quality color touchscreen comes as a standard tool so the user can control the entire quilting process with ease. The easy touch system with the King Quilter II application assures some excellent results for your hard work.
- The elite machine comes with handlebars both located at front and rear with control button options. The handlebars are proved to be more versatile and help quilters to operate the stitching process from either side.
- Although 18 inches of throat space with lights in the needle area is a lot of room to work, an additional 10ft or 12ft frame can be added for more comfort and stand-up stitching experience.
- Light ring included
- Both auto and manual mode
- Quilt timer
- Accurate stitch counters
- 5mm sew foot lift
- Users have complained about a learning curve
The King Quilter II Elite Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machine uplifts comfort to another level; its reliable features and excellent performance assures that you are investing in a quality machine that will make your quilting more fun.
3. Q’nique 21: Best Industrial Quilting Machine
The Q’nique 21 is a highly professional long-arm quilting machine with computerized features and is among the best quilting machines.
Its user-friendly features and vibration-reducing advanced design has captivated the quilters who love to have a smooth working experience.
What we Love About It:
Let’s dive into what this industrial quilting machine offers:
- The industrial-type machine for everyone is available with 21 inches of throat space from the needle to the back of the work area. The extra length comes in handy when you have to deal with large patterns and heavy workloads.
- The powerful motor of Q’nique 21 has been precisely installed with a tracking mechanism so the motor can adjust its speed. With the top speed of 1800 SPM, the needle can stitch consistently under the stitch regulations to give you outstanding results.
- No doubt, the handles have contours and curves according to your hand that will let you work for maximum hours without being stressed. But the exciting feature is the 6 push buttons on the handles to control the quilting function with your thumb.
- When the machine is stitching at a high speed you must be worrying about the bobbin refilling but Q’nique 21 makes bobbin refilling more interesting. The built-in high-speed automatic bobbin winder takes care of your problem and shuts off when the filling is completed.
- The sturdiest and durable steel component frame is available in accessories and is available in 8’ or 10’ packages for the machine. The no-base frame is suitable for massive quilting projects and accommodates the 21-inch machines.
- Rotated handlebars
- A hopping foot can be positioned
- Full-color screen
- Lighting at needle area
- Optional Quiltmotion software
- 1 year limited warranty period
The model is designed with safety and user-friendly features, with stitching capability at 1800 speed and auto bobbin winding the machine won’t disappoint you. Even if you are a beginner you can master the art of quilting with this perfect tool.
4. Janome 4120QDC: Best Janome Long Arm quilt Machine
Janome is a renowned name in the sewing machine industry; its products are known for durability, accuracy, and precision.
The brand has always catered to all levels of expertise in their sewing and quilting models for users’ easy jobs.
The Janome 4120QDC computerized machine is one of the best products with the latest technology that delivers desired results.
What we Love About It:
Following are some amazing features that this Janome long arm quilting machine offers.
- The significant motor of this unit is capable enough to stitch at 820 stitches per minute, and you can use this speed with already pre-programmed stitches. The screen menu will help you to select the sewing speed for precision work.
- Screen Panel: Control your long arm quilter with the front display and touchpads; it means you can have quick and easy access to the quilt functions, needle position, stitching design, speed, and length right from the LCD screen.
- With 120 different built-in stitches, the machine brings your endless imagination designs into reality. You won’t have to strain your eyes and witness constant for any error just choose any stitch and let the needle do the precision work.
- You can’t ignore the importance of needle position once you are too busy working. Bring the needle up or down with the touch of a button to avoid any harm to the needle or fabric unintentionally.
- The most important feature that I love about this machine is the bobbin winder mechanism. The easy-to-change bobbin process needs you to follow the track, and the bobbin thread will be up for you automatically. It is also one of the jam-proofed bobbin loading systems to free the users from worries.
- Built-in thread cutter
- 7-piece feed dog
- Twin needle guard
- Easy reverse button
- Foot pressure adjustment
- 7 one-step buttonholes
- Not good with customer service
If you are looking for a simple design with a touch panel machine, this Janome 4120QDC computerized machine might be the right choice for you. The top-of-the-line automated quilting system with the ability to create large-size quilts is affordable and durable compared to similar products in the market.
5. Juki TL2200QVP: Best Portable Long Arm Quilting Machine
Our 5th pick again comes from the top brand Juki; the company has surveyed and taken its experience to manufacture an amazing long arm quilting machine for home use.
The lightweight machine is easy to use and moves around with 18 inches of throat space.
Advanced stitch control options allow you to get precise and more consistent stitching for your work.
What we Love About It:
Let’s have a detailed overview of this Portable long arm quilting machine.
- The machine has an incredible AC-servo motor that can boost the sewing speed up to 2200 spm. The bonus feature is its sewing speed adjustment through the advanced control panel with a simple touch.
- Adding a presser foot in the model is a great help; it allows you to keep fabric steading even if the machine is at high speed.
- The unit comes in a slim design with a 10-foot long Grace Virtuoso-King Frame, meaning it is lightweight and can be stored without any extra effort after every use.
- Now, you can even wind bobbins while you continue to operate the machine because this model has a separate motor for a built-in bobbin winder. Furthermore, the enlarged case area makes it swift to remove and replace the bobbin.
- The extra needle up/down button to move the needle where you require it. You won’t have to turn on the machine or reach the wheel to raise or lower the needle; just use the handwheel on the front of the machine.
- The Juki has enlightened your workspace with ultra-bright LED lights over the needle area to reduce strain on the eyes and elevate work visibility.
- The front handlebars are ergonomic in design and empower you to manually guide the machine across the fabric for custom design without feeling any pressure or tired.
- Easy to use
- Large work table
- Adjustable stitching speed
- Easy to control
- 5-year warranty
- It lacks rear handlebars
The Juki TL-2200 QVP Quilt Virtuoso Pro is a durable long-arm quilting machine with 4 different moods of stitching. A large computerized display for assistance and manual guidance through handlebars make it a perfect home use quilter.
Also Read: Juki TL 2200QVP Review
6. Juki TL-2000Qi: Best Long Arm Juki Sewing Machine
We have selected the TL-2000Qi long arm sewing and quilting machine, which is another addition to the Juki’s long arm family. It’s definitely one of their best products, with high-end technology and precise stitching functions.
With notable features like personal lighting options, foot controller, threat trimmer, and 9 inches of quilting space so you can work efficiently.
What we Love About It:
This amazing long arm Juki sewing machine comes with some awesome features. Such as:
- This machine comes with a thread trimmer mechanism that can trim the thread from the needle and bob at the same time. Users can simply push a button for manual commands and save their time.
- The TL-2000Qi quilting machine speeds up to 1500 stitches in a minute. This machine includes a speed controller operated by the microcomputer to adjust the sewing speed at a low level. The system works best when heavyweight fabric, multiple layers, or quilting requires accurate feed and perfect stitching.
- The foot controller is a user-friendly feature to control sewing start and stop, the model is open for adjustment in foot pressure according to the user or fabric type. A visible regulator is placed on top of the machine for easy adjustments.
- Another supportive feature is the thread tension scale to adjust the thread according to the material being used. It prevents thread breakage and allows the quilter to keep on working without any interruption.
- Simply lowered and raise the feed dog by pressing a switch, the small yet helpful feature helps you to sew curved stitches for your fabric with ease.
- Lightweight And Portable
- Predetermined Needle Stop Position
- Easy Bobbin Replacement
- Large work area.
- High-speed sewing and quilting
- The warranty period is less
Juki TL-2000Qi is the best long arm sewing and quilting machine mainly because of its easy-to-use features, quality stitching, and reliability. If you are in the market for a durable design, precise stitch machine in a portable model, this unit is your solid choice.
Also Read: Juki TL 2000Qi Review
7. Grace Q’nique: Computerized Affordable Long Arm Quilting Machine
Our last choice among the best-computerized longarm quilting machines is Grace’s Q’nique affordable machine that surpasses many expensive machines in results.
With an all-new high-power motor and large M-class bobbin, the model comes to aid quilters who want to enhance their quilting skills professionally.
What we Love About It:
Following are some of the features of this affordable long-arm quilting machine:
- The 2.5-inch full-color display with multiple features is away with a simple tap of your finger. The screen not only displays stitch settings and switch modes but the screen itself can be adjusted to the most comfortable position for your wrist and eye contact.
- This feature would be the best selling point of the unit as it comprises four different stitch modes at 1800 stitches per minute. The regulations can determine the manual change in speed and will adjust according to your movement. Thus the machine can deliver precise and constant stitching every time.
- You don’t have to adjust the handwheel to set the needle position; the machine comes with a push-button for convenience. Hold the button for a long time to set a needle stop position for the needle to go to the same position every time you stop.
- Both the curved handlebars are user-friendly in nature, and the control buttons are easy to adjust and control multiple features. Each handle has 3 soft-touch buttons and operates quilting functions with the collaboration of an LCD display.
- The large M class bobbin is helpful for longer quilting projects and saves time for changing the bobbin again and again. The brand has included a motorized bobbin winder so users can wind a bobbin without running the machine.
- M size bobbin
- Dual-cone thread towers
- Comfort Grip Handles
- LED Work Lights
- Electronic display
- Affordable price
- Comparatively less warranty period
Grace Q’nique Long Arm Quilting Machine gives you satisfaction and easy-to-use features through a colorful touch screen; the amazing precise stitches in four modes and quick access buttons allow you to start with the quilting in no time with less effort possible.
8. Brother PQ1500SL: Cheapest Long Arm Quilting Machine
The long arm sewing and quilting machine are introduced with advanced stitch regulations so the users can create quilts of their choice.
The machine is not only sturdy, but its high sewing speed makes it a perfect choice for any hobbyist or professional sewer looking for a computerized portable long-arm machine.
What we Love About It:
Let’s have a look at this cheapest long arm quilting machine in detail.
- PQ1500SL offers a high-speed straight stitch sewing machine, it can go up to a sewing speed of 1,500 stitches per minute. Whether you want to work on large-scale projects or routine tasks it will help you to conclude your task in less time.
- Unlike other machine bobbin mechanisms, this unit has a vertical bobbin system. The bobbin is large in size and easy to access, which means you won’t have any difficulty winding through the fast Bobbin winding system.
- To make quilting more accessible and relaxing, the color-coded thread tension dial, adjustable pin feed mechanism, knee lifter, and 4 feed dog settings are installed. These are small but effective features that help to handle and control fabric movement without being irritated.
- This machine has the ability to simultaneously cut the needle thread through an automatic thread cutter. With a quick push of the designated button, the internal system reserves the thread for your next sewing operations.
- 7mm stitch length
- Manual reinforcement function
- 25 year limited warranty
- Highly portable
- Presser foot pressure
- Lacks speed control option
Brother PQ1500SL Sewing and Quilting Machine are designed simply yet elegantly. The array of advanced features, aesthetic design, and portability makes it one of the best investments. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, this machine will make everything easier for you!
Also Read: Brother PQ1500SL Review
Computerized Long Arm Quilting Machine: Buying Guide
If you are thinking of buying your first long arm quilting machine to stitch some quality work in a short time, we suggest you go with the computerized machine.
As many sewing machine brands have launched these quilt machines, we have enlisted the most important aspect for you to consider before you invest your money.
If you want to make a designer’s quilt and be rewarded for it, better go for a machine with the most number of the stitch pattern. The high number of patterns will assist in making an eye-catching quilt in a short time.
It is really annoying to wind up the bobbin repeatedly during a focus concentration on the quilting process. The modern machines are launched with automatic bobbin winders so you can work comfortably without stopping and wasting time.
This is the most important and deciding factor as the stitching speed would determine the timeline of your project completion. A minimum 1800spm machine is considered fine for the task.
A computerized quilting machine is incomplete with the one-touch LED screen, it efficiently processes the quilting task, and you can choose the functions for machines to perform automatically.
Modes of Stitching
Pre-programmed stitching modes give a breathtaking look for the quilt if you have chosen the correct specific stitching pattern. Cruise, baste, precise, and manual stitching modes are common and beneficial to bring a new look to your project.
The computerized quilt machines do not come cheap and require few repairs and spare parts from time to time. To avoid spending a fortune on machine maintenance, select an option that can be maintained at a low price range.
The after-sale service could be the biggest deciding factor; a commendable customer care service will give you a chance to trust them and will respond to your queries and sort out the fault as soon as possible.
It is wise to check the quilting machine for a one-touch thread tension mechanism, it is hard to adjust the tension manually, and the thread can break during the process.
If you are a novice or beginner, you must look for stitch density options; you can develop your skill with the different number of stitches per inch. Few models offer a maximum of 22 stitches per inch.
It is a very small feature, but it is a great relief; this will help you avoid cutting threads and loops after completing the quilting process. This feature is demanded and appreciated by professionals very much.
Frame Quality and Attachment
Take good consideration of frame and table quality as most of the stitching work would be done on it. The steel-made frames and tables are durable as compared to other materials.
Moreover, the attached frames and tables can assist you in working on large projects without much changing of setup.
These units are expensive; hence you should go for the maximum claim warranty period before finalizing the model. The majority of brands offer a minimum 2 years period for claiming any fault.
Some Last Words
Needless to say, the computerized long-arm quilting machine will help you out more than your expectation to make captivating designs on large-size quilts with less trouble and time.
These machines have a wide range of supportive and working features along with the automatic bobbin winding. On top of that, the touch panel with exciting controls and adjustment options lets you finish your big quilting projects like a pro.
Choosing one model as the overall best is impossible as all the brands have used the latest available technologies to make these products user-friendly so the needles can move automatically and bring your imagination to magnificent quilts.
We hope this post on the best long arm quilting machines helped you find the one you were looking for. Happy quilting!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a long arm quilting machine?
A long arm quilting machine is a head that is attached to a sewing machine. While quilting, this head moves instead of the fabric.
How does a long arm quilting machine work?
On all ling arm quilting machines, quilt top & back fabric are sandwiched & rolled on the frame. The quilt stays stationary while the head(long arm) of the quilting machine moves & sews one strip at a time. After each strip, the quilt is rolled & a new strip is quilted.
What is the best long arm sewing machine for quilting?
Grace Q’nique is the best Computerized long arm quilting machine according to experts. Because it comes with a wide range of features & you can design any shape of quit without any hassle.
What is the cheap long arm sewing machine for quilting?
Brother PQ1500SL is the best cheap computerized longarm quilting machine as it comes with 1500 unique stitches & an extra wide table.