Are you new to sewing & looking for Beginners Sewing Machines? Then check out the list of 8 Best Sewing Machine For Beginners.
How many sewing machines are there? You may not know where to start.
There is a vast number of types, brands, and models that come with zillions of features you’ve never seen before! But don’t worry – I’m here for help.
Finding the good sewing machine can be tricky when they’re all so different from one another but thankfully we have some tips on how to find it without getting lost in the process.
As experts, we have found that the easiest way to find the best one is by comparing sewing machines.
Comparing their pros and cons will help you get a better understanding of what they are capable of as well as gauge your own personal experience with them.
This table includes all models from brands such as Brother, Janome, & more. Making sure to take a look at this list can be difficult to make use of our in-depth reviews!
- Comparison Table For Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 8 Best Sewing Machine For Beginners Reviews
- 1. Brother XM2701: Best Mechanical Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 2. Janome 2212: Best Janome Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 3. Brother HC1850: Best Quilting Machine For Beginners
- 4. Singer 7258: Best Computerized Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 5. Brother SE600: Best Embroidery Machine For Beginners
- 6. Brother XL2600i: Bestt Easy To Use Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 7. Brother CS6000i: Best Inexpensive Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 8. Singer Start 1304: Best Sewing Machine For Young People
- Buying Guide: What To Look For In A Beginner Sewing Machine
Comparison Table For Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
|Product||# of Built-in Stitches||Rating||Latest Price|
SINGER Start 1304
8 Best Sewing Machine For Beginners Reviews 2022
1. Brother XM2701: Best Mechanical Sewing Machine For Beginners
For a beginner in sewing, the learning curve is steep. One will be met with words like bobbin and feet; terms that may sound foreign to them at first glance.
That’s why we suggest Brother XM2701 – our basic sewing machine for mask making which takes care of a novice sewer just as well as an expert would take care of their student!
Its DVD tutorial walks you through all 27 stitches on your new machine while its user manual explains how to set up stitch type, threading needles, or using one-of-those built-in 27 stitches confidently during times when it becomes confusing.
- 27 built-in stitches & 63 stitch functions
- Comes with a 1-step buttonholer & 6 sewing feet
- Built-in needle threader & auto bobbin winder
- 25-year limited warranty with free lifelong technical support
- Instructional DVD and bilingual user manual (English and Spanish)
- LED light is dim
2. Janome 2212: Best Janome Sewing Machine For Beginners
Janome is another household brand that has its roots in Japan.
We already know that Japan is a leader when it comes to consumer electronics, and Janome’s machines are a great testament to this fact.
A good sewing machine should be dependable; last for years; have robust features like different stitches and needle positions; and not break easily.
Exactly what Janome’s models offer people looking for these attributes with their budget-friendly prices, easy usability, detailed manual included, the durability of working well on various materials such as cotton or silk.
So when buying a good sewing machine consider Janome 2212 among one of them.
The Janome 2212 sewing machine is an easy-to-use one without the extra baggage of large stitches.
This product has a free arm for all those tiny projects, and it also comes with 4 buttonhole steps that require you to change between marks (usually A, B, C, and D) when stitching so you can easily choose your desired size using the scale on this step.
Young kids don’t want to lug around a heavy sewing machine and the Janome 2212 is perfect for them. It’s lightweight, so it can be carried anywhere – even in backpacks!
- Reliable, durable, and easy to use
- 12 built-in stitches, 4-step buttonholer
- Free arm for working on smaller clothes
- Lightweight & easy to carry
- The front-loading bobbin will take some practice to master
3. Brother HC1850: Best Quilting Sewing Machine For Beginners
Brother sewing machines are the most affordable and user-friendly on the market.
If you’re looking for a machine that can handle all your needs from basic monogramming to intricate quilting, then Brother HC1850 is perfect for you.
The best part? It’s not expensive at only $100 – it will be one of those purchases where there was no need to weigh out pros versus cons or whether they could afford it because this purchase has everything anyone would ever want in a sewing machine!
The Brother HC1850 Quilting Machine is a great beginner machine for quilt stitching. Just follow the instructions in the instructional DVD, select which stitch you want from the chart on-screen, and voila! It’s as simple as that.
The diagrams are directly on your machine so it’s easy to use something like an automatic needle threader or lifter when needed too – helpful if you’re new at this kind of thing!
- 130 in-built stitches, 8 styles of 1-step buttonholer, and monogram font
- 14 quilt stitch functions and detachable wide table
- Switch between foot pedal or controls
- Instructional DVD (in 4 languages) & bilingual manual
- 25-year limited warranty with technical support
- Not suitable for quilting thick materials
4. Singer 7258: Best Computerized Sewing Machine For Beginners
The singer is a household name, so it’s easy to recognize. It has traditional value and people who have been in the industry for years prefer it over other brands like Brother and Pfaff.
If you are just beginning or want to learn sewing from videos online, Singer 7258 computerized sewing machine will be perfect because of its features.
While other models reviewed above have a good number of features for beginners, this model has more inbuilt stitches. It also has better-designed manuals (with pictures) to make learning easier.
The ability to stop the needle up or down will be lifesaving once you start stitching and is something that Brother’s manual lacks due to its design issues.
This Singer sewing machine is, hands down, the best computerized sewing machine for beginners because it’s just as useful to you once you’ve advanced your skills.
- 100 built-in stitches (76 are decorative)
- Speed control (max. 750 stitches per minute), automatic tension
- Automatic needle threader, tension control, and 6 styles of 1-step buttonholer
- Brightwork area
- 25-year limited warranty
- Does not perform well on thick materials (denim, elastic, etc.)
5. Brother SE600: Best Embroidery Sewing Machine For Beginners
The Brother SE600, the best-selling embroidery machine by Brother, is popular for its capabilities in sewing and quilting.
The intelligence of this model makes it ideal for beginners looking to start their fashion school careers or perfect a hobby like crafting!
The Brother SE600 is a top-of-the-line machine for beginners. It has 103 built-in stitches which are more than enough to get you started on your embroidery journey.
What sets this model apart from the others reviewed here, and what we think makes it worth every penny, is its color LCD touch screen. Gone are the days of using buttons!
Just use your fingers to navigate through all menu functions with ease thanks to our cell phones that have similar technology already preprogrammed into them.
The Brother SE600 is perfect for beginners and experts alike, thanks to its automatic thread cutter. It also comes with several sewing feet so that all your sewing tasks can be taken care of easily.
A lot of people are going to tell you that this machine will suit a future embroiderer admirably- but we tend to disagree because, in our research, the features on this product improve the overall quality of stitching – making it unquestionably one of the best products I’ve ever seen!
- 103 in-built stitches, 80 embroidery designs, and 6 monogram fonts
- Color LCD touch screen
- Automatic thread cutter & automatic needle threader
- Computer connectivity for more design input
- Large 4×4 embroidery area
- Threading and thread tension issues have been reported by users
6. Brother XL2600i: Best Easy-to-Use Sewing Machine For Beginners
The Brother XL2600i is perfect for sewing beginners and those looking to take care of everyday tasks.
With a free arm, small size, and simple instruction manual with in-built stitches that are self-explanatory this product will have you up to your stitching game in no time!
The free arm is meant to provide you with proper grip and setup when sewing smaller areas (e.g.: sleeves). Since such parts are circular in nature, the arm can be removed for a better knack.
The user manual also has instructional charts for different tasks that will help guide your learning curve so much more easily!
- Free Arm Sewing machine
- 25 built-in stitches & 1-step buttonholer
- Automatic needle threader
- Easy to use
- Getting the perfect thread tension can be a bit overwhelming
7. Brother CS6000i: Best Inexpensive Sewing Machine For Beginners
Those who are on a budget but have ambitions about their future sewing projects need to get their hands on this low-cost computerized top-selling sewing machine.
Brother CS6000i is the perfect entry-level sewers dream come true with its functionality and durability in mind for your average user.
The Brother CS6000i is all about the little things. Do you want to have a free arm? How about more space for your material and easy maneuverability, especially as a beginner sewer?
The variable speed control feature lets you slow down when necessary while keeping stitches precise. It comes with an accessory pack that will excite even expert sewers!
- 60 built-in stitches, 7 styles of 1-step buttonholer
- Wide range work area, built-in free arm
- Automatic needle threader
- LCD panel for stitch settings
- Variable speed control & button/pedal switching option
- 25-year limited warranty
- Bilingual user manual
- No backlight on the LCD panel
8. Singer Start 1304: Best Sewing Machine For Young Beginners
Got a future sewer on your hands? Look no further than the Singer start 1304. These lightweight machines are easy to carry and perfect for beginners, as they come with automatic needle threading and simple stitch options.
It is a sewing machine that will be perfect for children and adults alike. Every dial and button on the machine are clearly labeled to avoid confusion, making it easy to get started as soon as you take it out of the box!
- Easy to use
- Lightweight & portable
- Ideal for beginners
- Good stitch quality
- Not suitable for advanced sewers
- Front-load bobbin a pain in the rear
Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Beginner Sewing Machine
Sewing machines come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and weights. Some are very light while others weigh as much as 30 pounds.
If you plan to take your sewing machine with you on the go or to classes where it may get bounced around then make sure that your model is lightweight enough for portability.
A sewing machine can be as light or heavy as you want it to be, with some models weighing less than 3 pounds and others up to 30.
The weight of your model will depend on what type of work the machine is designed for.
If you plan on taking your sewing machine around a lot and need something lightweight that’s easily transportable then look into one of our lighter options!
A sewing machine’s weight can be determined by the amount of metal in it. More durable and stable construction will usually come with a heavier build, but there are lighter machines available that still hold stability for larger or heavy projects.
A sewing machine is a must-have for any seamstress, but the features available are vast: from basic stitch to buttonhole makers.
Consider your needs before choosing one of many different types with specialties like self-threading or walking foot quilting!
Budget is also a main factor when it comes to buying a sewing machine. If you are on a budget and want to start saving, there is no better place than with your home appliances. All of the machines that we reviewed here today are the best sewing machine under $500!
5. Ease of use
The machine you are going to buy should be user-friendly, with an easy-to-follow manual and simple setup. There shouldn’t be any complicated processes or hard diagrams for first-time users!
The machine has to have features that are automated so the user doesn’t need to be too involved. A common feature for beginners is a built-in needle threader.
Warranty plays an important role when you think of using any product in the long run. So, always look for a warranty before buying a sewing machine. Usually, a sewing machine warranty varies from 1 year to 25 years depending on its type & budget.
What is the perfect thread for sewing?
There is no such thing. It all depends on the project or fabric you are working on. The most commonly used threads are cotton & polyester.
What does a limited warranty mean?
It means that there are certain conditions laid out by the manufacturer for a user to claim a warranty in case of any issue with a sewing machine.
The 10-25 year range is usually specified on all commercial and industrial-grade machines as well, so it’s important to read up before making your purchase!
Does buying from Amazon void the warranty?
No, it all depends on the seller, not Amazon.