Find the 9 Best walking foot sewing machine for yourself and enjoy professional stitching with different kinds of stitches with ease at home.
There was a time when the needle used to be the more than enough tool to stitch & skive but the expansion of necessities brought the invention of sewing machines and now, we have countless models designed to perform the versatile craft.
With the increasing number of top-selling sewing machines, it is nearly impossible to choose a model at random, thus the pro guide helps you pick the right model that will meet your specific needs.
- Comparison Table For Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- 9 Best Walking Foot Sewing Machines
- Brother CS6000i: Best Budget Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Singer | Heavy Duty 4452: Best Heavy Duty Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Consew 206RB-5: Best Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine
- Yamata FY-1541S: Best eavy Duty Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Janome 3160QDC: Best Portable Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Juki DNU-1541: Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine For Leather
- Reliable BARRACUDA-200ZW: Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine For Heavy Fabrics
- REX Portable: Best Portable Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- REX 607Z Portable: Best Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine For Leather
- Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine Buying Guide
- Some Last Words
Have you ever been concerned about expanding your stitching business? But wait, you are missing the most important thing! That’s the right tool to accomplish projects in time.
Walking foot sewing machines are industrial-grade units designed & developed to provide your clients with impeccable & speedy delivery.
Some handy units are also there to serve your personal needs. Despite being qualified units yet they are portable enough to be stored & placed just inside the home. We have brought some best walking foot sewing machines to bring some industry lending models just a few touches away.
Besides, they are long-lasting, durable & require little maintenance! Which means that buying them once would last for years?
So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself ready to explore what goes best for either your commercial needs or for domestic ones!
Comparison Table For Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Extension Table
- Automatic Needle Threader
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4452
|- 32 Built-in Stitches|
- 1100 Stitches Per Minute
- Metal Frame
|- Extension Table|
- 3300 Stitches Per Minute
- Reverse Stitching
|- Dual Tension Mechanism|
- 2800 Stitches Per Minute
- 110-v Power Motor
|- LCD Display|
- 60 Built-in Stitches
|- 2500 Stitches Per Minute|
- 110v Motor
- Ensures Constant Fabric Feeding
Reliable BARRACUDA200ZW Portable
|- 800 Stitches Per Minute|
- 220v Motor
- High Quality Steel Build
|- 800 Stitches Per Minute|
- Reverse Stitching
- Portable & Handy
9 Best Walking Foot Sewing Machines in 2022
Without any further ado, let’s keep going to know more about the best walking foot sewing machines.
1. Brother CS6000i: Best Budget Walking Foot Sewing Machine
Brother is among the most reputed names for manufacturing domestic & industrial grades sewing machines for ages.
Their feature-rich sewing machine comes with numerous features to turn your ordinary stitching project into an exceptional one.
It is also light weighted, and equipped with a user-friendly feature, making it the best sewing machine under $200.
What we Love About It:
Let’s have a look at what this best budget walking foot sewing machine from Bother offers:
- This innovative sewing machine uses bone china, which helps it to be lightweight and strong at the same time.
- Additionally, a large table is provided to help with job-related activities.
- The built-in computerized system along with a Backlit LCD is something that money can buy. Moreover, a backlit LCD comes with multiple customized stitching to pick one of your choices or according to the project need. Whether it’s sewing & quilting it fully allows you to adjust the length & width of stitches.
- What I love about this unit is that It features a variable speed control system, which means that it gives you complete control over speed adjustment. The versatility in the speed integrates 60 stitches to accomplish your stitching on multiple fabrics.
- Threading the bobbin is a time-consuming & hefty activity! But not with Brother’s feature-rich sewing machine. Let me tell you how? The automatic needle threader ensures you quick thread with the blinking of an eye beside it comes with a jam-resistant drop-in bobbin to place the bobbin accurately & perfectly.
- The packaging includes additional feet, related accessories, a bilingual manual for beginners, and 24 years of the generous claimed warranty period. However, the manufacturer does not recommend using the machine in countries with 120V AC.
- Durable & lightweight
- Wide table for big projects
- Stitches denim, vinyl & thick cotton
- Computerized system to operate
- The tension adjustment is a hassle
- Not recommended for 120 V Ac voltage
Brother’s walking foot sewing machine has features that are hard to find under such a reasonable price tag. It comes with additional accessories to save your bucks on buying them separately.
2. Singer | Heavy Duty 4452: Best Singer Heavy Duty Walking Foot Sewing Machine
Our next pick among the best walking foot sewing machines belongs to the house of the singer.
Being the inventor Singer has been producing an array of sewing machines to help crafters & tailors.
Their 4452 is designed to perform heavy-duty stitching with no hassle to prepare elegant garments for commercial & private needs.
What we Love About It:
Let me take you to the impeccable features that this Singer heavy duty walking foot sewing machine incorporates!
- The 4452 sewing machine comes with a metal body that further incorporates a stainless steel bedplate to ensure smooth fabric flow, and a sturdy metal frame inside the system lets you enjoy skip-free sewing. Besides this, you can quickly insert & remove the bobbin with its amazing drop-in bobbin feature.
- What makes it one of the best walking foot industrial sewing machines is the speed! Acquiring professionally stitched clothes with no time has become possible with 4452’s extra-high speed that comes with 1,100 stitches per minute. Now you can finish your task 30% faster on this machine compared to any other standard model.
- The built-in automated needle threading system ensures you effortlessly thread the needle eye every time.
- When it comes to built-in stitches, it features 32 that include 6 basic, 7 stretch, 18 decorative & followed by fully automatic & 1 step buttonholes to provide you variety that you have longed for.
- The automatic threading system, bonus heavy-duty accessories & withstand designs are beneficial when it comes to the long run!
- The automated threader saves time & energy
- Wide Sewing base to make a workspace
- Quality construction with stainless steel & metal
- Can be purchased for both domestic & industrial purposes
- Some decorative stitches don’t look as appeared in the display
- Comes with an expensive price tag especially for the beginners
A reliable heavy-duty unit that is capable enough to stitch heavy fabric including leather! On top of that, you can stitch almost 11 to 14 layers of fabric at the same time, which makes it the ideal walking foot machine for industrial workers.
Also Read: Singer 4452 Review
3. Consew 206RB-5: Best Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine
Our top 3rd pick is capable of sewing almost anything. The Consew brand has always upgraded its product with the time and needs of the customers.
The 206RB-5 model is one of the top walking foot industrial sewing machines that is worth its cost. The productive workhorse powerful motor is its main attraction.
What we Love About It:
Let’s read in detail what this best walking foot industrial sewing machine offers:
- Since it’s too big to be moved every day, the machine is more of an industrial type. The extra-long stitch machine, along with the extra-wide table, provides extra strength when it comes to handling heavy workloads.
- The maximum power of 3300 stitches per minute is impressive and incredibly quiet too. The large Bobbin is easy to replace without removing the object from the front, rear, or center of the machine.
- The efficient walking foot compound can triple feed the machine without any risk of jamming. To make it more efficient and user-friendly you will find a centralized arm lubrication mechanism with a micrometric control valve. You don’t have to lube every part separately and waste time on it.
- The needle can stitch up to 10 mm of stitch length and can do the same length of stitching in reverse as well. Safety clutch, walking feet, needles, and other attachments are installed for even and perfect stitching.
- A safety clutch is equipped with a push-button re-engagement.
- Centralized lubrication for complete machine
- A high-speed stitching machine
- Maintenance is easy and inexpensive
- Not a highly portable machine
If you are looking for an industrial walking foot sewing machine then this is the most reasonable product to consider. With the amazing power of stitching and plenty of essential features, you will find it a worthy investment for your business.
4. Yamata FY-1541S: Best Heavy Duty Walking Foot Sewing Machine
Our list cannot be completed without mentioning the industrial-grade single needle walking foot sewing machine from Yamata.
The FY-1541S features a safety clutch, large bobbin, and a servo motor to make your work efficient and creative.
What we Love About It:
Without any delay let’s discuss heavy duty walking foot sewing machine supportive features:
- The beautifully designed table-mounted sewing machine can offer you durability and quality. The high-speed motor can produce 3300 revolutions per minute and the efficient walking foot mechanism can feed the workpiece evenly. The prevention of puckering and roping effects is ensured by manufacturers.
- The industrial walking foot sewing machine is equipped with a dual-tension mechanism to bear the high tension sewing with thick threads. The needle system used is 135 x 17 and can make a 9 mm long stitch with a speed of 2800 stitches per minute. That’s a lot if you consider it!
- It is one flawless machine that can treat any light, heavy, or medium-weight material with quality seams and perfect stitches. With the help of a 110-volt servo motor, it stitches fabrics such as leather, tents, and umbrellas with no trouble.
- In industrial use with a load of work, you can handle the heavy-duty quilting with the knee lifted presser foot and the side handwheel can be used to raise the needle to 36 mm.
- The delivery package arrives at your door with a few pre-assembled items: the main machine, a sewing table, an SMS-500 servomotor, drawer, belt, and tools, etc, you can always follow the instructions manual for complete assembly.
- It provides a 16 mm pressure foot lift
- Stitch length can be adjusted between 0 – 9 mm
- Safety clutch button on the base plate
- Large size bobbin to avoid quick refill
- Clutch may produce noise sometimes
This model is particularly designed for industrial usage with safety and user-friendly features. With the capability of high tension sewing using thick threads on heavy materials, this machine surpasses many expensive and fancy computerized machines in the best possible ways.
5. Janome 3160QDC: Best Portable Walking Foot Sewing Machine
Our 5th pick is a lightweight computerized sewing machine. An easy-to-use highly portable sewing machine best for quilters, home crafters, and beginners.
You can take it to your sewing groups and classes without any trouble to enhance your skills.
Furthermore, Janome is on the mission to provide quality and reliable products for its creative customers.
What we Love About It:
- The compact machine is robust. The first look gets your attention and then you can notice the beautiful design of the machine with an LCD and multiple function buttons.
- The more you look at it the more you regard the minor details such as etched seam guides on needle plates and 60 stitch designs drawn on the plastic cover for selection.
- Yes! You read it right, it has 60 different (decorative, hemming, darning, quilting, etc) designs of built-in stitches to serve your projects. You only have to select the number of designs you want with the directional button on the panel.
- The bobbin system is very fascinating; it’s called the drop-in system. You can load it at the top and do not need to remove any compartment at all. It simply helps and prevents the new users from making any mistakes.
- To save your time and trouble the computerized machine has an automatic needle threader it’s a small but vital feature. Along with the multiple items in accessories, you get a hardcover extension table to provide storage and large flat sewing space.
- The lightweight machine is only 12.6 lbs
- A 2 year warranty period to cover faults and errors
- A walking foot is included in the accessory items package
- Low maintenance is required
- May observe a dim light in the LCD panel
The Janome 3160 QDC machine is a remarkable combination of portability, easy-to-use features, built-in stitches, and quality. The machine will neither bore you nor disappoint you and it’s a perfect gift for beginners who want to master the art of sewing.
6. Juki DNU-1541: Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine For Leather
The DNU-1541 is a commercial-grade walking foot one needle machine manufactured by the most reliable Japanese company Juki.
Juki is a worldwide renowned company for its heavy-duty, efficient, and user-friendly sewing machines.
You May Also Like: Best Sewing Machine For Quilting
What we Love About It:
- The sewing functions of the best walking foot sewing machine are simple and significant. The 135 x 17 inches needle is capable enough to stitch at 2500 stitches per minute and you can adjust the stitch length to go up to 9mm. Furthermore, the higher needle stroke spares you space to stitch several layers at once.
- It is not a pretty designed fancy machine but its solid industrial appearance makes certain that it can sew multi-layers of fabric without any trouble.
- Multiple tests have proved that it does not struggle with the fabric thickness and can sew heavy fabrics like leather with constant needle strokes. It is one of the reasons it is the best walking foot sewing machine for leather.
- There is a lot to love about it, the adjustability feature of the feet lift gives you a comfort level and more control over the sewing process.
- You can control the motor speed as per your sewing skill level it means you can learn the art at a lower speed easily. Whereas for professional sewers this machine is ready to wrap up your work in no time.
- A self-lubricating system to keep it smooth
- Perfect machine for sewing lighter and heavy fabrics
- 110v motor that provides sufficient power
- Walking foot ensures the constant fabric feeding
- Takes time to assemble and setup
7. Reliable BARRACUDA 200ZW: Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine For Heavy Fabrics
The second last entry in our best walking foot sewing machine reviews round-up is the Barracuda 200ZW offered by Reliable.
The highly portable sewing machine carries speed and reliability and a 3-year warranty package.
Let’s get into the details for more information.
What we Love About It:
- The shining heavy-duty carrying handle always gets the first attention. The handle makes it highly portable for your sewing classes and other outdoor activities.
- It is an easy-to-use machine but it will also depend upon your skills to handle its 800 stitches per minute speed.
- Needless, to say this machine has made many boat owners, hobbyists, and sewers happy. The 8 mm clearance under the foot can handle the 10 layers of canvas or 8 layers of Sunbrella-Plus with zero difficulties.
- Don’t be fooled by its small size, the machine is versatile in straight and zig-zag stitching. It is being operated in 220V and with a speed reducer, it gets the extra torque from the speed reducer to do some challenging work.
- Well, you cannot ignore the small lever in the middle of the machine, the reverse lever mechanism is installed to reinforce the seam when required by pushing it down.
- The machine is delivered with the valuable items of toolkit and thread stand as a standard package. Once you get it, you just need to start working on it right away!
- A small yet powerful sewing machine
- A lightweight portable machine that can handle challenges
- High-quality steel built
- Require little practice to master the machine
- Customer have complained about poor package delivery
If you are serious about sewing with even feeding and perfect stitches on your heavy and bulky materials get your hands on it today. The Barracuda 200ZA is a complete sewing machine that requires less effort to produce brilliant work.
8. REX Portable: Best Portable Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine
The last pick in our list of the best walking foot sewing machines is not only sturdy in construction but it features amazing flow and speed to provide you with the best work possible.
It’s the REX Walking-Foot Sewing Machine known for its portability and withstands design to be used for both domestic & commercial purposes.
What we Love About It:
Let’s have a look at the features of portable industrial walking foot sewing machine:
- Let’s begin with the construction, the build-up design is merely based on industrial-grade cast iron to make it one of the most durable products. On top of that cast iron prevents the body from getting rust.
- The 800 stitches per minute speed along with the power of this unit is more than enough to stitch any material, even the hardest one leather!
- Besides this, it comes with a 30mm needle stroke which means that you can stitch almost 4 layers of cloth together. Now you can make gifts, fashion clothes, denim & fluffy winter jackets with this amazing tool.
- Despite being small in size yet, this machine can prove to be a perfect alternative to accomplish your industrial-based projects. This means that you can buy this one for your business purposes and it won’t disappoint you.
- REX is among the few brands that have given us the option of reverse stitching! However, their Portable Walking-Foot Sewing Machine also integrates the feature of reverse sewing which makes it the best unit to complete challenging stitching projects perfectly.
- A user manual, commercial thread stand, variable food speed, additional bobbins, and a user manual are all included with this machine. So before relying further let’s order this amazing model today.
- A budget-friendly option
- Designed to work with leather
- Portable & handy option
- Includes additional accessories
- Sometimes its speed gets slower while working on thick leather
I would recommend this unit if you are limited with budget but looking for some well-designed machine to accomplish tasks. Moreover, it can be your best partner to work on for personal projects.
9. REX 607Z Portable: Best Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine For Leather
This small walking-foot sewing machine is a great alternative to larger industrial walking-foot machines.REX 607Z is one of the most popular sewing machines on the market for advanced users.
The walking feet machine with reverse stitch feature makes it the best-selling model for leather and multiple fabric layers in an affordable price range.
What we Love About It:
- REX 607Z is said to be powerful enough to tackle four layers of soft leather, canvas, vinyl, or even upholstery textiles. Its portability makes it ideal for a straight stitch of canvas work and zigzag stitch boat owners sail.
- The small size walking foot industrial machine has a reverse stitch option with adjustment between 1mm to 5mm in a zigzag stitch.
- The well-designed mechanism can support between 5 to 10 stitches per inch in a straight stitch. The reverse feature is generally used to make stitches stronger and avoid any thread breakage.
- In addition, to skip stitch technology, it can sew up to 1200 stitches per minute. The speed can be helpful for boat owners and small businesses. The needle can stroke quite well at such speed on heavy materials.
- This Rex sewing machine offers unique features such as a built-in foot control and a built-in motor that allow users to switch quickly and efficiently.
- It offers a maximum stitch length of 6 mm with the needle bar stroke of 30 mm for bulky projects of soft and hard fabric. The economic sewing machine comes with 15 size bobbins so you can work without interruption.
- Highly portable
- A 900 RPM motor
- Low price
- Additional accessories included
- Best for leather
- Small handwheel
- Feet height adjustment problem
If you frequently work with heavyweight materials that require zigzag or straight stitching, we highly recommend REX 607Z since it is built to handle the job and can be relied upon. The product comes in a wide range of features and capabilities to meet the standards.
Best Walking Foot Sewing Machine Buying Guide
After reading the pros & cons of each product, now it’s time to learn about the main features.
1. Stitching Requirement
First of all, walking foot stitching machines are intricate when it comes to handling them. Being particularly designed to perform bulk works it requires beginners to attain training to work properly.
If you are trained and need a walking foot machine to complete your projects, you still need to be careful enough while working on it.
Greater undertakings will require more space. You can barely join a blanket in a confined space on a smaller little sewing machine.
Hence make sure to have the ones with additional arms and a greater workspace. When it comes to portability walking foot machines are not that portable to be easily moved around.
This is because they are heavy-duty & industrial-grade models compared to normal sewing & embroidery machines. However, you may find some handy models too but they are rare!
3. Needle Set
A walking foot sewing machine features a bulky mechanism to stitch thick materials like leather; hence you will require a complete set of big needles to perform stitching.
These needles can take the pressing factor of going all through thick material like denim, or layers of fabric (to make a blanket).
4. Powerful Motor
The powerful motor is the must-have ingredient when it comes to walking a foot sewing machine. A sewing machine with more force will be costly contrasted with customary models, however, that is the best way to utilize an attached walking foot connection.
If you own a business and are looking for a commercial purpose then you must go for a powerful motor.
5. Sewing Speed
Walking foot sewing machines additionally have high swing speeds. It may sound overwhelming for a beginner. Yet, the SPM or stitching per minute speed of walking foot machines ranges from 800 to even 5000.
This is because a professional crafter needs super speed to finish their projects in the shortest possible time.
Walking foot machines are highly durable units & sturdy in terms of longevity. On top of that, they allow you to work for a longer period, which means that they don’t get heated up quickly.
Walking foot sewing machines are expensive units hence, you should expect at least 25 years of claimed warranty period before picking up one.
Although some offer fewer warranty claims to the majority of the manufacturer would offer you a decent time.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
The walking foot sewing machine’s main purpose is to provide extra support while sewing the upper part of the fabric. However, there are a few questions that can help you in choosing the right one. So, read the following questions to know more.
Which is the best walking foot sewing machine for leather?
Juki DNU-1541S is the best walking foot sewing machine as it comes with lots of amazing features.
Which walking foot sewing machine is budget-friendly?
Brother CS6000i is a budget-friendly walking foot sewing machine for leather.
What are the advantages of a walking foot sewing machine?
The walking foot sewing machine consists of a very large pressure foot which provides more power while sewing. You can sew different fabrics with the help of this including leather, silk, cotton, quilting, etc
What Kind of fabric can you use for stitching?
You will find it smooth if you are stitching cotton fabric. But if you are using it for commercial purposes, then you can stitch multiple layers of thick fabric at the same time. It will also save time.
Some Last Words
It becomes hard to pick one when you have numerous options out there! But we have the Juki DNU-1541 Industrial Walking Foot Sewing machine on our list which is durable and highly- professional at the same time to enrich your experience with some stunning upshots.
For domestic purposes, you can also look for our best overall brother Brother Feature-Rich Sewing Machine. If it seems hard to pick the one you can check out our buying guides that will help you out in picking the right one.
Check Out These Posts Too!