For quilters, the transition from sewing on a kitchen table to using an actual workstation is inevitable.
The long periods of time spent at the kitchen table will lead to sore muscles and back pain, which can be avoided with one-of-a-kind furniture pieces that are designed specifically for their needs.
A high-quality desk(Best Sewing Tables) that provides ample storage space while also being comfortable enough not only solves these problems but also makes it easier than ever before for them to focus solely on what really matters: crafting beautiful projects!
In a hurry? Here are our top 3 sewing tables:
- What is a Sewing Table?
- What to Look for in a Sewing and Quilting Table?
- Comparison Table For Best Sewing Tables
- Best Sewing Machines To Look For Your Craft Room
- 1. Sauder Sewing Craft Cart: Best Sewing Table For Large Area
- 2. Kangaroo Kabinets K8611 Aussie: Best Modern Design Sewing Table
- 3. Studio Designs 13362 Eclipse: Best Budget Sewing Table
- 4. South Shore 10544 Sewing Craft Table: Best Sewing Table With Drawers
- 5. Arrow Sewing Cabinets 901 Auntie Em: Best Sewing Table For Small Area
- 6. Studio Design Sew Ready: Best Sewing Table
- 7. Arrow Sewing Cabinets 601 Gidget: Best Lightweigt Sewing Table
- 8. Arrow Cabinet 98701: Best Sewing Table For Heavy Machines
- 9. Sullivan’s Quilter’s Design Table: Best Sewing Table For Quilters
- 10. Homelity Folding Sewing Cabinet: Best Folding Sewing Table
What is a Sewing Table?
Sewing tables come in a variety of shapes and sizes withdraws and compartments to store fabrics, scissors, sewing patterns, trims, and pins. They are a good alternative for those who don’t have their own dedicated space or cabinet-style storage unit.
Having such an accessible workspace means that your machine is ready to use at any time without having to search through drawers for supplies you can’t find when needed the most!
What makes sewing tables so versatile and useful is that they are built with locking caster feet, which make it easy to move the table around in order to get a different perspective on your work.
Another security feature of many sewing tables is the ability for them to be locked at any angle while still supporting heavy items like an industrial machine or fabric rolls.
If you’re shopping for a sewing machine table, stability is important to keep your workspace steady during the vibration from regular use.
Among other features that can come in handy is plenty of storage options like large and small drawers or adjustable shelving.
Sewing tables are multi-functional, extending in size to accommodate any sewing task. Some models even come with a quilting arm for more intricate work!
What to Look for in a Sewing and Quilting Table?
To find the perfect sewing table for your space, you’ll need to consider a few features. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
- Sewing Machine Slot: The table should be the perfect size for your sewing machine, and it’s a must if you plan on quilting.
- Storage: Is there enough storage for your notions and tools?
- Tabletop Space: How Much space does a table give you to work with?
- Tabletop Texture (Smoothness): Will the fabric moves smoothly on the table?
- Moveability: Can you easily move the table easily to other places of the house if you want to?
Comparison Table For Best Sewing Tables
Sauder Sewing Craft Cart
|19.4 x 40.1 x 28.5 inches||Yes||4.5|
Kangaroo Kabinets K8611 Aussie
|30 x 43 x 4.5 inches||Yes||4.0|
Studio Designs 13362 Eclipse
|60.25 x 23.75 x 29.25 inches||No||4.5|
South Shore 10544 Sewing Craft Table
|23.75 x 58.25 x 30 inches||No||4.2|
Arrow Sewing Cabinets 901 Auntie Em
|22 x 31 x 8.5 inches||Yes||4.2|
Studio Design Sew Ready
|58.75 x 36 x 39.25 inches||Yes||4.7|
Arrow Sewing Cabinets 601 Gidget I Sewing Table
|23 x 43 x 4.5 inches||No||4.6|
Arrow Cabinet 98701
|23 x 43.5 x 31 inches||Yes||4.2|
Sullivan’s Quilter’s Design Table
|49 x 18 x 8 inches||Yes||4.2|
Homelity Folding Sewing Cabinet
|62.05 x 19.55 x 28.45 inches||Yes||4.4|
Best Sewing Tables To Look For Your Craft Room in 2022
1. Sauder Sewing Craft Cart: Best Sewing Table For Large Area
This sewing cabinet by Sauder has a plethora of benefits for the quilter. The hardware features include storage compartments that can fit books, patterns, rulers, and an ironing board!
It also includes an additional workspace with its drop-leaf extension that is perfect to use as either a rotary mat or wax paper cutting surface.
Machine-owners will appreciate the fact their machine stores inside easily on top of being well protected from debris due to large casters wheels in each corner!
- Lots of storage space
- Quality construction
- Fits easily into a small space yet is extendable to create a large workspace
- Stylish design
- Simple assembly
- Can be moved easily thanks to the lockable caster feet
- Good value for money
- The packaging was not as robust as it should be
2. Kangaroo Kabinets K8611 Aussie: Best Modern Design Sewing Table
For the sewist who needs a sewing cabinet with plenty of storage space, look no further.
With two extension areas for cutting and ironing as well as numerous drawers to store notions, rulers, and scissors; this Kangaroo Sewing Cabinet is perfect for those looking to improve their ergonomic comfort while working on projects too!
The lift system moves the machine up from the bottom level when in use or down into safety mode after being completed – making it easy enough even for newbies.
- It is compact
- Very nice looking design
- A lot of working spaces
- A bit expensive
3. Studio Designs 13362 Eclipse: Best Budget Sewing Table
This Studio Designs 13362 Eclipse Hobby Sewing Center sewing table is a sturdy and reliable workstation, with an adjustable platform for different purposes.
The base of the machine weighs 25 pounds so it can withstand heavy-duty projects.
The Eclipse sewing table is a versatile storage and work surface for your clothing, home décor projects, or even the family pet.
It has three fabric drawers on the right-hand side to store all of your bits & bobs. There are also two open spaces underneath so you can keep clutter at bay while still being able to see everything in one glance.
The 13362 comes flat packed with floor levelers should it not be level when assembled – this means that there’s no need for heavy lifting because the machine takes care of itself!
- Attractive design
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy construction
- Lots of worktop space
- Can vibrate a little when sewing at very high speeds with a powerful machine
- Not on wheels
4. South Shore 10544 Sewing Craft Table: Best Sewing Table With Drawers
The compact design of this sewing cabinet will work well for quilters that do not have a lot of room.
This is because the side drawer slides out to store the machine when it is not being used and also has an additional small surface area which would be great for ironing.
The top left drawer acts as a thread storage unit with built-in pegs, making quick access easy while storing patterns in the other drawers on either side; one can find notions and rulers in their respective areas without having to search or take up space elsewhere.
There’s even enough extra workspace if needed on the right-hand side next to your machine – perfect for rotary cutting!
- Lots of storage space
- A large workspace
- The surface is scratch and water-resistant
- Easy to move once assembled — on caster feet
- Sturdy, quality construction
- Stylish appearance
- Keeps everything you need within easy reach
- Good value for money
- Self-assembly can be a little tricky
- The table is very heavy
5. Arrow Sewing Cabinets 901 Auntie Em: Best Sewing Table For Small Area
The Auntie Em sewing cabinet is not just a simple table but also doubles as an airlift system.
This means that the machine can be lowered inside of it for storage or raised to work on free-arm sewing.
The extension leaves feature places for you to store rotary cutters and mats while providing space near your ironing board when needed.
Four drawers provide ample room in which quilting notions may be stored – thread, scissors, etcetera are kept neatly hidden away from sight until they’re ready!
- Large workspace
- Very pretty, vintage design
- Fits well into smaller spaces
- Easy to fold up or down
- Effort saving locking airlift feature
- On casters so can easily be moved around
- Roomy drawers for storage
- Assembly can be a little tricky
- It May not fit all models of sewing machine — check before you buy!
6. Studio Design Sew Ready: Best Sewing Table
Studio Designs has created a work table perfect for cutting and sewing. One of my favorite features is its adjustable height, so if you want to stand up while working the top will adjust accordingly.
The grid on this table makes it easy to measure your fabric with precision without having any pesky pins in the way!
There are also two-wire pull-out drawers that can hold all of your notions when not being used – no more searching around blindly through piles of supplies!
Another great feature of Studio Design’s design is how easily movable they made their product: by folding down one side or both sides depending on what needs doing at the time, there won’t be an issue fitting this 58″x36″ piece into tight spaces like doorways anymore.
- The frame has a protective powder coating for durability
- The table’s height is adjustable
- Equipped with two side panels for a bigger workspace
- Comes with caster wheels for convenient mobility
- weight capacity is low
7. Arrow Sewing Cabinets 601 Gidget: Best Lightweight Sewing Table
The Gidget I by Arrow Sewing Cabinets is a great choice for those who are space-conscious and want to be able to fold up their sewing machine table when not in use. It’s lightweight, which makes it the perfect option for anyone on the go.
The sewing table is a great way to save space and still get all the features you need.
It’s made from steel with an adjustable height platform for your machine, so it can be used no matter which type of machine you have.
There’s also room on top for cutting fabric or other items!
- Can be easily stored away
- Very sturdy with no vibration when sewing at high speeds
- Easy to adjust platform for different sewing machines
- Perfect small size for those with limited space
- Good for beginners
- Very low price
- No storage space
- No caster wheels so not quite as easy to move around
8. Arrow Cabinet 98701: Best Sewing Table For Heavy Machines
The Arrow Quilt Cabinet is designed for quilters who have a combination sewing and embroidery machine. It features a hydraulic lift that raises heavier machines to make it easier on the user when working on their project.
The back of this cabinet has been embellished with fabric leaves, giving an extra surface area for projects in the process while also keeping them out of harm’s way from falling off the table or overhanging too much into other areas such as ironing space or rotary cutting stations.
There are two thread trays- one will hold threads and scissors; another provides storage space for a rotary cutter (a tool used by many quilters).
9. Sullivan’s Quilter’s Design Table: Best Sewing Table For Quilters
This cabinet-style table is an excellent option if you want a sewing and cutting surface all in one.
The large portion of the tabletop has gridlines on it, making measuring and cutting your fabric with scissors easier than ever before!
If you’d prefer to use a rotary cutter instead, just lay down some sort of protective mat since there’s no room for mistakes when working with melamine tables like this one.
It also features lockable casters so that as soon as inspiration strikes or time becomes tight (or any other reason!), moving from place to place won’t be difficult at all while still keeping everything right where it needs to be.
10. Homelity Folding Sewing Cabinet: Best Folding Sewing Table
This table is one of the prettiest sewing tables I’ve ever seen. With a unique farmhouse, and rustic style, this cabinet will not only be functional but beautiful as well.
When fully extended it has quite a large work surface at 62″ wide and 19 ½” depth for larger projects or if you need to save space when working on smaller ones the tabletop folds down to 40″.
There are two hanging bins attached right next door that can store any tools needed while working plus there’s plenty of storage in the full drawer below!
Having A Comfortable Work Area is Essential!
When sitting at the sewing machine, be sure to align your body with the needle bar area and keep a straight line between your hands.
Your elbows should not rest on anything that will obstruct them from their natural motion or cause you any discomfort.
You can try using an LED light bulb which is cool for comfort and cost-effective over time because it lasts longer than other bulbs such as incandescent lights or halogen lamps: they both use more energy when turned on but turn off much quicker than LEDs do in comparison.
It’s also important that you have proper support of a high-quality chair where good lumbar supports are available so stress isn’t placed upon joints by periods of excessive posture changes during long sewing sessions–a seat.
When sewing, be sure to keep your shoulders down and back. Try not to hunch your shoulders and get up often walk around the room or outside for a change of scenery in order to relieve stress.
There is nothing quite like sitting at my work table with good lighting illuminating all that I am doing while maintaining an ergonomic position on top of a quality cabinet.